*Where should I hang my Bedswing?
The Original Charleston Bedswing is designed with the outdoors in mind, so that you may relax and enjoy the pleasures of the seasons in many climates. With proper care, you may expect many years of enjoyment on your bedswing. The best location for your bedswing is on a covered porch or inside, without exposure to direct sun or wet weather conditions. The bedswing is not intended for outdoor exposure without overhead cover.
*How do I hang the Bedswing? How much space will I need? How much assembly is required?
- Imagine a rectangle above where you plan to hang your bedswing (34″ x 80″ for Original, 27″ x 70″ for Mini).
- A 1/2″ by 4″ eye lag screw will go in each corner (give or take 1″ to 2″ is ok).
- The eye lag screws must go into at minimum a 2x6 board.
- Ideally, allow 1½ feet in front and in back of the bedswing and 1 foot on either side. It is possible to hang your bedswing with less clearance if vigorous swinging is not anticipated.
- Once the eye lags are installed in the ceiling, elevate the bedswing on sturdy, five-gallon buckets (we recommend using four).
- If you plan to hang your bedswing with chain, four lengths of chain are included to accommodate your ceiling height; simply attach the chain at your preferred height to the shackles and then to the eye bolts.
- If you added decorative rope to wrap the hanging chain, four lengths of rope will be included to accommodate your ceiling height. Once the hanging chain is placed, thread the rope through the ceiling eye lag and tie a knot, wrap the rope around the chain from top to bottom, and secure the rope with a knot at the bottom eye lag.
- If you plan to hang your bedswing with rope only, four lengths of rope will be included to accommodate your ceiling height. Please know that rope is not as durable as our chain hanging options; and, rope may stretch and need to be adjusted over time. For each length of rope:
- Mark three feet from the top end of the rope with a piece of tape; thread the rope through the ceiling eye lag to the tape marker; tie a double half hitch knot, ensuring that the tape marker remains with the ceiling eye lag; pull tight and adjust as needed.
- Mark three feet from the bottom end of the rope; thread the rope through the bedswing eye lag to the tape marker; tie a double half hitch knot, making sure that the tape marker remains with the bedswing eye lag; pull tight and adjust as needed.
Shipping and Returns
*My shipment location is not listed as an option at checkout. Can you ship to me?
We are happy to help. Please contact us, and we will look into a shipment rate. (firstname.lastname@example.org). And yes, we have shipped internationally.
*How soon will I receive my order?
Our typical lead time for bedswings and cushions is six weeks. We will make every effort, though, to ship your order as soon as possible.
*How do you ship such a large item and what are the charges?
Both the bedswing and cushions are shipped by freight and are shipped separately. Freight charges are based on your location and calculated during checkout.
*Do you offer local delivery and installation?
Yes, for an additional cost, we will deliver and install your bedswing. Please contact us for details.
*Do accept returns?
We stand behind our product(s) and work closely with our shipment provider(s) to ensure your product arrives safely and without defect. However, if you are unsatisfied with your product in any way, please report any damages and/or lost and stolen claims within 15 days of shipment. Refunds are issued on a case-by-case basis. Only regular priced items may be considered for a refund. Custom and/or discounted orders cannot be returned or refunded. The customer/buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.
Paint defects such as peeling or bubbling are warranted within one year from the date of purchase. Should they occur, please contact us regarding shipment to the manufacturing site. Once at the manufacturing site, the finish will be removed and a new finish applied.
*Can you match the color of my Bedswing to existing décor?
Yes, for a small charge, we will match any paint color to finish your Bedswing.
*May I provide my own fabric for the cushions and pillows?
Yes. We offer C.O.M. (customer’s own material) for the creation of cushions and pillows. You will receive details of where to send your fabric in the order confirmation email, or please contact us for further details (email@example.com).
*Do you offer rope instead of chain to hang the Bedswing?
Yes, we offer manila rope for hanging our bedswings or as a decorative add-on to wrap our hanging chain. However, we ask our customers to please keep in mind that rope is a less durable hanging option than chain; and, rope may stretch over time, making it necessary to adjust your bedswing.
Care & Cleaning
*How should I care for my Bedswing and cushions?
For normal stains:
- Remove loose dirt with a soft bristle brush or hose down with cold water.
- Clean with mixture of water and mild soap. Rub in mixture with soft brush and allow to thoroughly soak into the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water and air dry.
- Never use water over 100° Fahrenheit. Do not machine dry. For light cleaning, avoid the use of detergents.
For stubborn stains:
- Before bleach cleaning, make sure fabric is dry and has been vacuumed, and that the space is ventilated.
- Prepare a 10% bleach solution in water.
- Test the solution in an inconspicuous location first before applying over the entire fabric.
- Apply the cleaning solution using a misting spray bottle.
- Work the solution into the affected area by lightly scrubbing with a sponge or soft bristle brush. make sure to work from the outside of the stain inward so as not ot spread the stain. Rinse your sponge or brush frequently.
- Allow cleaning solution to linger on the stain no more than 1 hour.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all residual bleach from the fabric.
- Allow fabric to air dry.
- Repeat process if necessary.