*Where should I hang my Bedswing?
The Original Charleston Bedswing is designed with the outdoors in mind, so that you may relax and enjoy the pleasures of the seasons in many climates. With proper care, you may expect many years of enjoyment on your Bedswing. The best location for your Bedswing is on a covered porch or inside, without exposure to direct sun or wet weather conditions. The Bedswing is not intended for outdoor exposure without overhead cover.
*How do I hang the Bedswing? How much space will I need? How much assembly is required?
Your Bedswing will arrive fully assembled. We strongly recommend that you have your Bedswing installed by properly licensed builder or contractor. Hanging the Bedswing involves installation of four 4″ eye-lag screws into a minimum of a 2" x 6" structure. Your Bedswing comes with enough chain to hang from up to a ten-foot ceiling. If your ceiling height is greater, simply let us know during your checkout, and we can send enough chain to support the additional height.
We suggest the following hanging guidance for our Bedswings:
- Imagine a rectangle above where you plan to hang your Bedswing (34″ x 80″ for Original, 27″ x 70″ for Mini).
- A 1/2″ by 4″ eye-Lag screw will go in each corner (give or take 1″ to 2″ is ok).
- The eye-lag screws must go into at minimum a 2” by 6” structure.
- Ideally, allow 1½ feet in front and in back of the Bedswing and 1 foot on either side. It is possible to hang the Bedswing with less clearance if vigorous swinging is not anticipated.
Accident or injury as a result of the customer’s installation, overloading the product with an unreasonable number of persons, or engaging in rough-house play on the product are the sole responsibility of the residential or commercial buyer.
Shipping and Returns
*My shipment location is not listed as an option at checkout. Can you ship to me?
We are happy to help. Please contact us, and we will look into a rate. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*How soon will I receive my order?
Our typical lead time for Bedswings and cushions is six weeks. We will make every effort, though, to ship your order as soon as possible.
*How do you ship such a large item and what are the charges?
Both the Bedswing and cushions are shipped by freight and are shipped separately. Freight charges are based on your location and calculated during checkout.
*Do you offer local delivery and installation?
Yes, for an additional cost, we will deliver and install your Bedswing. Please contact us for details.
*Do accept returns?
We stand behind our product(s) and work closely with our shipment provider(s) to ensure your product arrives safely and without defect. However, if you are unsatisfied with your product in any way, please report any damages and/or lost and stolen claims within 15 days of shipment. Refunds are issued on a case-by-case basis. Only regular priced items may be considered for a refund. Custom and/or discounted orders cannot be returned or refunded. The customer/buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.
Paint defects such as peeling or bubbling are warranted within one year from the date of purchase. Should they occur, please contact us regarding shipment to the manufacturing site. Once at the manufacturing site, the finish will be removed and a new finish applied.
*Can you match the color of my Bedswing to existing décor?
Yes, for a small charge, we will match any paint color to finish your Bedswing.
*May I provide my own fabric for the cushions and pillows?
Yes. We offer C.O.M. (customer’s own material) for the creation of cushions and pillows. You will receive details of where to send your fabric in the order confirmation email, or please contact us for further details (email@example.com).
*Do you offer rope instead of chain to hang the Bedswing?
No, we do not offer or recommend rope to hang the Bedswing. It is our experience that rope does not hold up well, especially in coastal environments. For settings with harsher weather, such as on the coast, we recommend the denser grain of a mahogany swing with stainless steel chain.
Care & Cleaning
*How should I care for my Bedswing and cushions?
We select the wood species and exterior finishes of our Bedswings to be durable. Our finishes have strong properties to protect against color fade. However, all products are vulnerable to weather changes, constant moisture being one of the worst. If the cushions and wood are over-exposed to moisture, they will become wet and at risk for deterioration. We therefore advise that, especially in moisture-heavy conditions, you examine the Bedswing regularly for pooling water and/or whether the cushions are wet and in contact with the wood. You should remove the cushions whenever the Bedswing is not in use, especially overnight. For the hardware, we recommend cleaning with Citrisurf spray by Stellar Solutions (available on Amazon).
To keep your Outdura fabric in premium condition, we suggest cleaning the fabric at the first sign of dirt or stains.
For normal stains:
- Remove loose dirt with a soft bristle brush or hose down with cold water.
- Clean with mixture of water and mild soap. Rub in mixture with soft brush and allow to thoroughly soak into the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water and air dry.
- Never use water over 100° Fahrenheit. Do not machine dry. For light cleaning, avoid the use of detergents.
For stubborn stains:
- Before bleach cleaning, make sure fabric is dry and has been vacuumed, and that the space is ventilated.
- Prepare a 10% bleach solution in water.
- Test the solution in an inconspicuous location first before applying over the entire fabric.
- Apply the cleaning solution using a misting spray bottle.
- Work the solution into the affected area by lightly scrubbing with a sponge or soft bristle brush. make sure to work from the outside of the stain inward so as not ot spread the stain. Rinse your sponge or brush frequently.
- Allow cleaning solution to linger on the stain no more than 1 hour.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all residual bleach from the fabric.
- Allow fabric to air dry.
- Repeat process if necessary.